Cybersecurity Programme, To strengthen and quantify cybersecurity capabilities powered by AI. AI is introducing the Cybersecurity Grant Programme, a $1 million project to promote high-level AI and cybersecurity dialogue.
The objective is to collaborate with cybersecurity defenders throughout the world. To transform cybersecurity power dynamics through AI and the coordination of like-minded people working for our collective safety.
Our initiative aims to:
- Empower defenders: We want to ensure that modern AI capabilities primarily aid defenders.
- Measure capabilities: In ord
- to better understand and enhance the efficiency of AI models, we are striving to develop techniques for quantifying the cybersecurity capabilities of those algorithms.
- Elevate discourse: We are committed to promoting rigorous debates at the nexus of cybersecurity and AI, promoting a thorough and nuanced understanding of the difficulties and potential in this field.
- Traditional thinking in cybersecurity holds that attackers are always at an advantage over defenders because of the environment. This is summed up in the well-known proverb, “Defence must be correct 100% of the time; attackers only have to be right once.
- “Attackers may have fewer restrictions and can use their flexibility to their advantage, but defenders have something more valuable: coordination towards a shared objective of keeping people safe.
Develop or enhance GPU-based private computing.
- Make use of deception techniques and honeypots to divert or capture attackers.
help reverse engineers create signatures and behavior-based malware detections
Examine an organization’s security controls and contrast them with its compliance policies.
- Helping developers create software that is secure by default and secure by design, supporting end users in implementing security best practices
assisting developers and security engineers in developing reliable threat models
- Create threat intelligence that is specific to their organization and contains pertinent and salient information for defenders to assist programmers in switching to memory-safe languages
Apply right away! Cybersecurity Programme
We urge you to submit your solutions and join us in our effort to improve defensive cybersecurity technology if you share our goal for a safe and creative AI-driven future.
Applications for financing or other forms of support will be reviewed and accepted by OpenAI on a rolling basis. However, Practical AI applications in defensive cybersecurity (tools, methodologies, procedures) will be highly prioritized. From a fund of $1 million, we will make grants in $10,000 increments in API credits, direct funding, and equivalents.
Projects involving offensive security won’t be given funding consideration at the moment.
We will give preference to submissions with a clear strategy for licensing or distribution, which should be the intended outcome for all projects to maximize public benefit and sharing.
A new cybersecurity grant program, supported by Microsoft, has been unveiled by OpenAI to enhance AI-powered cybersecurity. The ChatGPT creator claimed that to understand better and increase the usefulness of AI models, approaches are being developed that will aid in assessing their cybersecurity capabilities.
Related to post: “Tech Giants Battle it Out: Exploring the Latest Tech Rivalries.”
OpenAI Announces Grant USD 1 Million
Applications for OpenAI’s funding program are now being accepted on a rolling basis. The $1 million grant will be distributed in increments of $10,000 using direct funding and API credits. The research lab declared it would favor practical AI applications in defensive cybersecurity (such as tools, methodologies, and processes).
OpenAI, Cybersecurity Programme
According to a blog post by OpenAI, “Our goal is to work with defenders worldwide to change the power dynamics of cybersecurity. However, Through the application of AI and the coordination of like-minded people working for our collective safety.”
It offered various project suggestions, such as reducing social engineering techniques and assisting network or device forensics, automatically patching vulnerabilities. However, Developing honeypots and deception technology to divert or trap attackers, encouraging end users to follow security best practices, assisting programmers in porting code to memory-safe languages, etc.
OpenAI will not be considering offensive-security projects now—applications with a detailed plan for how their work will be licensed and distributed. “Maximum public benefit and sharing” will be given priority. However, The cybersecurity grant from OpenAI comes days after the company announced ten grants totaling $100,000. However, To support research into how to create a democratic process for selecting what guidelines. In addition, AI systems should adhere to this to comply with the law.
In recent news, OpenAI’s latest research study explores how it can solve the issue of hallucinations when AI creates things out of thin air. However, A scenario where a lawyer utilized ChatGPT for legal research and the AI chatbot invented fictitious cases that never existed was documented last month.
Continuation of Initiatives
It’s not the first time OpenAI has extended an invitation for assistance with its cybersecurity features. The business offered a Bug Bounty Programme in April, inviting participants to report bugs, vulnerabilities, and security weaknesses in their ChatGPT model. The corporation invited security analysts, law-abiding hackers, and computer enthusiasts to participate. However, the program’s reward amounts varied from $200 to $20,000, depending on how severe the finding was.
Licensed or distributed for maximum public benefit and sharing
The CyberSecurity Programme must also be “licensed or distributed for maximum public benefit and sharing,” according to OpenAI. In addition, This may hint that they will eventually make these insights available to the whole public in whatever manner they see fit.
It’s interesting that OpenAI has decided to use an open-source approach rather than investing. Money internally to develop methods for creating a secure system. By crowdsourcing critical factors like cybersecurity threats and AI regulatory frameworks. In addition, The business is likely to come off as compliant and committed to the more significant benefit of its customers. After the recent Senate hearings, these actions are now being implemented. There were also rumors that the company might launch its open-source model, but no confirmed specifics exist.
The following are some broad project suggestions made by our team:
- Gather and classify information from online security guards to train defensive cybersecurity personnel.
- Identifying and reducing social engineering techniques
- Incident management software
- Source code security flaws Support network or device forensics
automatic vulnerability patching
- Improve patch management procedures to enhance security update scheduling, deployment, and ranking.